Friday, December 18, 2009

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles

Whooo baby! I thought these snickerdoodle cookie dough truffles, from One Ordinary Day, looked interesting on paper, so I added them to the ever growing list of cookies to make this Christmas. I'm sure glad they made the cut.

These are insanely simple to make. You don't even need an oven because they don't get baked. They do need to be kept chilled so they keep their shape. These babies are resting comfortably in my freezer...ok not so comfortably because we keep eating them.

Mrblocko says they may be his new favorite Christmas cookie. He says he's not quite sure yet and will have to continue to conduct scientific experiments where he eats some of each kind of cookie I make to compare. He has such a rough life doesn't he? The sacrifices he continues to make. I'm sure he does all that only to show his love and support for me, his wife. OK, I'll give you a moment to recover from that laughing fit you just had. Hooo...good times, eh?
The weird thing about this cookie is that I don't even like snickerdoodles, and Mrblocko doesn't like raw cookie dough. (He is paranoid about raw eggs, but there are no eggs in this recipe so he feels safe eating them...eating lots and lots of them.) I think this speaks volumes about the sheer awesomeness of the cookie. Or the bloody brillance of combining butter, sugar and sweetened condensed milk.

Just for fun, I rolled the truffles in a combination of red decoration sugar and regular sugar. I also portioned them out small cookie scoop and they turned out the perfect size. I was worried about the truffles sticking together so I put them in small paper candy cups as well. I think it makes them look extra fancy. We are all about the FANCY these days. Thanks Fancy Nancy, now nothing can ever be ordinary again.

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles from One Ordinary Day
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
sanding sugar

In a bowl, combine the salt, flour, and cinnamon and set aside. In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix until incorporated. Slowly add flour mixture, alternating with sweetened condensed milk. Shape into 1″ balls, roll in sanding sugar, and place on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Flash freeze for about an hour before putting truffles into an airtight container. Store in freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colored sugar ~ definitely makes them really festive. It's cracking me up reading about your husband and his experiments to figure out whether the truffles are good or not. My husband took one for the team tonight while he was cleaning out the pot I'd made fudge in. He said he was just checking to make sure I did it right before we give it to anyone. LOL

    Glad you liked the truffles. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Hope you keep coming back.

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!