Friday, August 10, 2012

The Bird is the Word

Last week Blockette and I went to the fabric store.  Sounds like no big whoop right?

Well, while we were there she fell in LOVE with these little stuffed birds that made a bird call when you squeezed them.  She loved them, except for the noises they made.

Oh how badly she wanted one.

BADLY.

They were $9.  Which is a lot when you only have $13.

Somehow I convinced her to wait.  I told her maybe Grandma would get it for her for her birthday.

Then, the next day, wouldn't you know it, I magically came across this pattern from Quilting Daily.  (You have to sign up to download/view the pattern, but it's free.)  I showed it to Blockette and she said that was exactly what she wanted and would I please please please make one for her?

I let her pick out all the fabric from my scrap bin.

I laugh every time I see that pinkish purple fabric. It is a leftover from a Gypsy costume for Mrblocko.  It's like the fabric that never ends.  Just when I think I've used the last of it, more pops up.

The tension on my sewing machine started to go all wonky at the end of this project.  I've been fighting with the machine for over a year now.  I even took it in to the repair shop and they did a massive cleaning and it worked fine...for about a month.  Then it got all wonky again.  The thing is, it works fine while I'm at the store.  Then when it get it back home again, it is naughty all over again.  I'm pretty sure the darn thing has it in for me.  I don't understand why it can't work how I want it to, when I want it to.  GRRRRR!

Anyhow, back to our little non feathered friend.

Blockette named it Sunshine...because it is rainbow colored.  Um...ohhhh kaaaay.  Whatever works.
Sunshine is the center of Blockette's universe. 
To the point that it is driving me a bit nutty. 
 (Not that it was a long trip.)

At least she loves the things I make her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!