Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Garlic, Olive and Cheese Quick Bread

This bread is very similar to the Goose Island Bread I made back in October. I found this recipe for Garlic olive and cheese bread from Joelen at What's Cookin Chicago. The main difference was Joelen's had 2 tsp baking powder and The Goose Island had 1 T. The bread was delicious but a bit dense. Next time I'll try the same recipe with 1 T baking powder and see if that gives the bread a bit more lift.

Blockette, the so called olive hater, gobbled up her bread like nobodies business. When she finished her first slice I asked her what she thought the green and red spots in the bread were. As she was thinking, Mrblocko said, "It's something you don't like." She said, "Um. Are they peppers?" Mrblocko and I both laughed as we told her they were olives. She said, "OK, I like olives in the pinatas, and tacos and the bread. But nothing else. Don't give them to me in anything else. OK mom?"

Heh. Yeah. Right.


Garlic, Olive & Cheese Bread from What's Cookin Chicago
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
12 oz. beer
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!