Monday, February 7, 2011

Hard Boiled EGGS!

OK so this post is entirely for me. Every time I want to hard boil an egg I can never remember how. I thought maybe if I make a "how to" post then I will remember I made a post (or at least Mrblocko will) and when I want to hard boil an egg, I'll just look on here.

Basic hard cooked eggs (from the Incredible egg Website)

Step 1: PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling. REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.

Step 2: LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).

Step 3: DRAIN immediately and serve warm. OR, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE

(Note: Eggs are easiest to peel right after they've been cooled, but once an egg is peeled you should eat it that day. Hard boiled eggs in the shell are good in the Fridge for about a week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!