Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Praline Brownies

I made these praline brownies from My Homemade Life for a church gathering. 

They were a great way to jazz up a boxed brownie.

For some reason the praline topping was super thick.  And by thick I mean there was a thick layer of frosting, almost as thick as the brownies.  The consistency of the frosting was also very thick.  The frosting pictured at My Homemade Life looks more like the runny glaze that sets up with a nice crackly top.  This was like thick canned frosting!

My guess is that I just cooked the frosting mixture for too long on the stove.

It still tasted great.  The extra frosting made it very rich.  I "accidentally" ate two bars within a very short period of time and the sugar overloaded my system.  If you are sensitive to sugar, cut these brownies in small pieces.  You may even want to make the brownies in a 9x9 pan and half the frosting recipe.  This way the frosting to brownie ratio will be less, and therefore taste less sweet.

Praline Brownies from My Homemade Life
Brownies
1 box  brownie mix
Water, Eggs & Vegetable oil as called for on the brownie mix box
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Praline Frosting 1/2 c.whipping cream
6 T butter
1 1/2 c br sugar
3/4 c chopped pecans
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla

In lg bowl, combine brownie mix, and ingredients for "cake like brownie" per brownie box. Add pecans.  Pour into 9x13 sprayed w pam.  Bake per box directions.  Cool for 1 hr.  Once cooled, prepare the frosting. In med pan, over med heat, add cream, butter and br sugar, stirring frequently, til mix comes to slight boil.  Continue cooking, and stir constantly for 1 min while boiling. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans, vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.  Let sit off heat 6 min.  Stir once every min for 6 min.  Pour over brownies.  Chill in fridge so frosting sets up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!