Monday, November 18, 2013

Sugar Cookie Apple Crisp

My mom came to visit and brought lots of goodies with her a while back.  She had this almost expired package of cookie dough mix that she didn't have time to make before it "went bad."

I usually make cookies from scratch so I thought that if I made cookies from the mix my family might be grumbly that they weren't "homemade."  So I did some searching...and searching... and searching.  Finally, I found a recipe I thought would be perfect, Sugar Cookie Apple Crisp from Food.com.


The sugar cookie put a fun spin on a classic dessert.  While we all enjoyed the Apple Crisp immensely, I think I still prefer the basic crisp with oats, brown sugar and oats. 

I'm glad I had the chance to try it.  If you've got some sugar cookie dough mix laying around in your pantry, I highly recommend trying it.

Sugar Cookie Apple Crisp from Food.com
2 T butter, melt and cool
1/4  br sugar
1 t lemon juice
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch salt
6 med apples, peel, core and chop in bite-size chunks
1 (14 oz) pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough, broken into chunks(Or mix up your cookie dough mix per pkg instructions)
1/2 c rolled oats

Heat oven to 375F. Spray 9x9"casserole or deep baking dish with oil. In lg bowl combine butter, sugar, lemon, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Add apples and toss to coat. Transfer to casserole dish. Set aside. In food processor, combine cookie dough and oats. Pulse several times, til mix like coarse, wet sand. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Bake 20-25 min, til topping lightly browned and  apples bubble. Let cool slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!