Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Indoor Grilled Chicken

Last year I won a pretty swanky $25 gift card for Kohls from Vanilla Sugar.  I liked the Bobby Flay square grill pan so much that I picked one up for myself! 

via

It looks like Kohls no longer carries this square cast iron grilling skillet.  I have no idea why because this thing is awesome! 

We also have a flat rectangle skillet that fits over two burners but it creates too much smoke and sets off the smoke alarm, so we never use it.  This smaller version can't cook as much at a time so that might be why.  Don't get me wrong, this smaller pan still makes the kitchen a bit hazy, but not enough to set off the alarms.

This pan is used mostly to grill up burgers. They taste so much better prepared on this pan than just in a regular skillet.  It's Mrblocko's job to do all grilling tasks.  Well, the cooking part at least.  Grilling for us is a team sport.  I do the prep work and he does the part with the heat.  I'm always afraid I will burn myself.  Particularly with the grill pan.  I know I'd do something dumb and grab the molten hot burning handle.
via

One day last month I got a hankering for grilled chicken tacos.  Since it was super windy and insanely below zero freezing-ness, we grilled inside on our square grill pan.  It was like a little piece of summer invaded our kitchen. 

For the chicken I used this maranade that I adapted from the Betty Crocker website.
3 T vegetable oil
3 T lime juice
3 T  taco seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Place all  ingredients in a zip top bag and chill for 3 hours, rotating twice to make sure seasonings and liquid are evenly covering the chicken.

Grill over med-high heat 12-15 min turning once until chicken is cooked completely.  let stand 10 min before cutting so the juices get a chance to distribute evenly through the cooked meat.

We served our tacos with beans, avocado, olives, salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.  I always load my tortilla so full that the filling falls out the end.  Every time.  Because I never learn.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!