Monday, April 7, 2014

Moist Mug Cake

I cannot get enough of mug cakes.  This one is just slightly different than all the others I've made previously.

What makes this one different is that it is quite moist.  Now the other mug cakes are moist, but that is because I under-bake them.  When they are baked so they are cooked completely they get the consistency of a rubber ball.  So to avoid that I bake them so they are like little lava cakes with a gooey uncooked chocolatey center/bottom.

This cake cooked fully for me at 50 min because my microwave is strong like bull.  I panicked at first when I saw how "done" it was, but to my surprise it did not have the texture of a synthetic dish-washing sponge!

My guess that this cake is so moist due to the milk AND oil in the recipe.  I also think the peanut butter helps as well.

I can't decide which type of mug cake I like better, this one or the lava-esque ones.  I think I'll have to do more research. SCIENCE!

Moist Chocolate Mug Cake from Table For Two
¼ c flour
2 T cocoa powder
¼ t baking powder
2 T. sugar
⅛ t salt
¼ c + 1 T milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 T vegetable oil
1 T hazelnut chocolate spread (I used peanut butter)

In med bowl, mix dry ingred. Add milk and oil until  combined and lump free.  Pour batter into large microwave-safe mug. (Around 14 oz)  Drop 1T hazelnut spread/PB/biscoff/etc in the middle of the batter.You don't need to push it down.  It will sink in the batter as it cooks. Nuke 50-70 sec depending on the wattage of your microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!