Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Project #21: money magnets

My crazy uncle asked for some more magnets for Christmas. Since I didn't want to give him any old boring magnets, or more magnets like the ones I've made him previously, the hunt was on for some crafty new magnet idea. Then I saw directions for these coin magnets over at instructables and I had one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments.

I was even able to turn the whole process into something a bit educational for Blockette when I cleaned the coins with vinegar. Some of the coins were really dirty so it was fun to see her expression when they got shiny from the stinky vinegar.
first row: wheat penny, Japanese Yen, publishers clearing house coin

second row: South African Rand, The middle 2 I don't know what they are. (Russian maybe?), and Canadian Quarter.

Blockette also gave my uncle an enormous stack of artwork for Christmas so he had something to use the magnets for right away. I'm sure that my uncle will have a hard time deciding which masterpiece to feature first. Actually, I think she gave him enough that he could wallpaper half his house.

1 comment:

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!