Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I cant believe it has no Salt Seasoning Blend

Here's a quick little post about this salt free spice blend I found this winter.
It's the strangest thing...it totally tastes like it has salt in it!  So much so that I double checked all my spices to make sure they didn't contain any salt.  (They didn't.)

I must have some really strong garlic powder because the seasoning is really garlic-y.  If I were to make this spice blend again, I'd cut the amount of garlic and onion powder by half.

Saltless seasoned salt blend from Big Bears Wife
5 t onion powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon ground mustard
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t pepper

Blend all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I will try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me know how the spice blend turns out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!