Monday, April 15, 2013

Lacey Edge Crochet Shawl

I made this shawl for the prayer shawl group that just started up at my church.

The pattern was a simple one called: " Cozy Shawl" from Engineered Crochet.  

The main body of this shawl is done in the stitch called extended single crochet. I had no idea what that was.  When I read the printed directions online I thought it was just like a half double crochet.  So, I found myself a video of the stitch in progress where I discovered they are nothing alike.  The video that was helpful to me was from CrochetNCrafts and can be found here.

I used nearly 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Berry Blue.

I really like how this yarn drapes in this shawl.  There are a few more patterns I want to try out, but if they turn out funky I'll make another one of this pattern in a different color of simply soft.
 

Apparently Blockette thinks it's super cozy.  Hopefully it's new owner will too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!