Monday, July 8, 2013

'City Slicker' Corn Dip

I've renamed this corn dip.  Originally it was titled Cowboy Corn dip, but as I omitted ALL the jalapenos, it didn't seem fitting.  Whenever I see something called "Cowboy" whatever, I assume it's got some kick to it.  This dip sans jalapenos has no kick, but is still mega addictive!

I made it for a gathering over Memorial Weekend - Nerf War's at my friend Julie's house.  They've had Nerf wars for several years and this was the first time we'd been able to go.  It was a good thing too as this was the last Nerf War they were going to host as they are moving to Memphis!

Anyhow, back to the dip.  It makes A LOT.  This bowl contains about half of a full recipe.  There were 50+ people at the party and most of them BIG eaters.  Granted the table was filled with food of all sorts, but still only half of this dip was eaten.  And everyone LOVED the dip.  Several people even asked me for the recipe on the spot.  Luckily it was easy enough to make that I had it memorized and could share with folks.

We ran out of chips so we've taken to making sandwiches of a sort with the leftovers.  Think fancy grilled cheese with corn.  Gooey and messy, but super tasty!

Unless you are have a gigantic party, half the recipe or you will find yourself with a plethora of corn dip!

Cowboy Corn Dip adapted from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife
3 cans sweet corn with diced peppers/Fiesta corn, drained,11 oz each (Mine were 15.25 oz, but I just used the whole thing since I left out the jalapenos)
1 can chopped green chilies, drained (7 oz)
1 can chopped jalapeno peppers, drained (6 oz) (I omitted)
1/2 c green onions, chopped (I used one bunch of green onions, diced)
1 c mayonnaise (Don't use miracle whip, PLEASE!)
1 c sour cream
1 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4-1/2 t cayenne pepper
1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese (16 oz) (this comes to 4 cups of cheese)
2 bags of Frito Scoops or other salty corn chips

In a LARGE bowl, mix all ingredients except for the chips. Cover and chill two hours to overnight. (overnight is best so the flavors can meld) Serve with your favorite chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!