Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ear Flap Hats

In November I made Mrblocko and myself some crochet hats with ear flaps. I used this pattern from Repeat Crafter Me.  Obviously I omitted the step to make them into puppy dogs.  Although, I added a Mohawk to mine using this as a guide.



The hats were quite large using the adult pattern.  This wound up being exactly what I wanted though.  Mrblocko has a larger than average head, and I planned to use mine over another hat for extra warmth while standing outside at work.

With the hats working out to be larger, I thought the ear flaps were a bit too small.  I added a few stitches to each row so they didn't look disproportionally small.
 
I think the mohawk makes it look a bit like a Roman helmet.  Maybe I will make another one that is grey with a red mohawk at some point in the future.



Mrblocko got a matching scarf as well.  Originally he wanted a solid grey scarf, but as he wanted this as a hat and scarf to wear while running, I thought he should stand out a bit from the pavement.  Blockette picked the neon green, but only after I vetoed the neon pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!