Monday, October 26, 2009

Freebie fun from the weekend

Back in September our family participated in CROP walk (A 3 mile walk to raise money for the hungry, locally and globally.) Those that completed the walk got a gift certificate for a turtle sundae at an ice cream parlor a few towns over. We finally got around to using our coupons Friday. Little did we know that the Ice cream parlor was having a fund raiser for one of the area elementary schools. All you had to do was place your receipt in a bucket and a portion of the total went to the school. Even though we didn't pay for our dessert, we were still able to put our receipt in the bucket. It was like getting a reward for our reward.

Mrblocko was out with his friends on Saturday so Blockette and I went out for fun mommy-daughter time. I had a coupon for one of 3 different spice blends at Penzey and I let Blockette pick out which one we got. She had so much fun smelling all the herbs and spices in that store. It was hard to get her to leave.

Then, I had a coupon for a free cookie and small hot chocolate at Barnes and Noble. Blockette doesn't like to eat/drink anything that is above room temp and will scream like I'm making her imbibe molten lava. (Mmmmm...molten lava!) So, I did the only humane thing, I gave her the cookie and drank the hot chocolate myself. The sacrifices I make for the happiness of my child!

After we consumed our cookie/cocoa combo, we headed over to the mall and I used my coupon for a free pair of underwear from VS. I'm never going to have to wash underwear ever again because VS keeps sending me free coupons. Of course, I might have to wash my underwear more often if I ever actually changed it. (How often are you supposed to change your underwear anyhow? Every year? Month? I can never remember.)

Next, we went to Aunt Annie's and used our coupon for a free pretzel. Blockette thought it was super fun to share the giant pretzel. It was so fun in fact that she forgot about the fact that we left the Disney store without getting her anything Princess or Fairy related. Who knew Pretzels held that kind of power?

If all that wasn't enough free excitement, I brought the weekend to a fabulous end with a wonderful ear infection! For free! I didn't even have to pay for it. Isn't that awesome!!!! I'm so totally psyched!!!!! Can't you tell? With all these exclamation marks!!!! Now, could I get a free antibiotic at Meijer? No. Of course not. The kind I needed wasn't free. At least it was only $4 at Walmart. Yay Walmart Pharmacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!