Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Buffalo chicken dip

This weekend I made Buffalo chicken dip for a party. I've seen this recipe all over the blogosphere for quite some time with everyone and their brother claiming it is their own original recipe. Whoever it was that invented this concoction was a genius. It is good, made with crack good. I know I've talked about how I am not a fan of hot sauce or traditional buffalo wings, but there was enough cheese to counteract the spice and stink of the hot sauce. I think another thing I liked about this dip is that it tasted better with celery and carrots than it did with chips or crackers. You can almost feel like you are being heathy by eating veggies instead of chips...almost. There was so much food at the gathering that we wound up taking half of the dip back home with us. Darn!


Buffalo Chicken Dip from The Bitten Word
8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup buffalo sauce or buffalo style barbecue sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (shredded mozzarella cheese can be substituted)
2 cups shredded meat from a fully cooked rotisserie chicken

Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a deep baking dish, mix cream cheese, salad dressing, buffalo sauce, and cheese. Stir until combined. Stir in chicken. Bake uncovered for 20-25 min, til dish is heated through. Serve with crackers, pita chips, sliced bread or vegetables.

NOTE: Depending on your tastes and the ingredients on hand, you can use 1/2 c ranch or blue cheese salad dressing rather than 1/4 c of each. Similarly, you can mix blue cheese and mozzarella, or use portions of each.

1 comment:

  1. I love Buffalo Chicken Dip! My husband loves the stuff and I always find myself making it for every get together we have...it is so addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!