Monday, May 11, 2009

Garden: stardate 5.11.2009

So here is the garden at it's beginning stages this year. The plants were part of my mother's day present. The other part of my present was being able to plant them without tiny hands throwing dirt at me or tiny feet stomping on plants both in and out of the ground. The row closest to the window has perennials who's names I've forgotten. The Right side is herbs and strawberries. The middle is various marigolds and the front row are violas in white, yellow and orange.
This is a close up of the white viola. Ain't she perty? They are perennials so wish me luck at not killing them. They seem so dainty.
This flower was the main reason I decided on marigolds. These caught my eye and the flats of marigolds in the green house looked so cheery together. The downside is that the garden is really stinky because there are so many marigolds. I'm thinking once the herbs get going they will give the marigolds a run for their money, or at the very least the stink will keep the pests away. (And yes, pre-pubescent "ding dong" ditching boys are included in the realm of pests.)

3 comments:

  1. And yes, pre-pubescent "ding dong" ditching boys are included in the realm of pests
    I fell over and died lololol

    I am also going to die from hapkido and gardening, I think I may be the first crabby gardener ever. Oh I am so out of shape.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought you would get a kick out of this article

    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/user-post-the-insane-universe-that-is-the-1950s-betty-crocker-cookbook-459826/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Math is hard...lets go shopping!

    wait...that must be why I need to use volumizing mouse now...cause I halved that recipe last week. It's all becoming crystal clear now. When will I ever learn?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!