Thursday, June 4, 2009

Anheuser Busch Banned in this house

Over memorial day I saw what I thought was a really cool rebate. Here is the wording from the rebate: Michelob: Save $6 via mail in rebate on your purchase of one (1) 6 pack of Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus, Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit, Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry or Ultra Amber and one (1) Michelob Ultra 12 pack or larger, cans or bottles.

See I was thrown by the wording. I saw the "Or" and missed the "and".

I got something in the mail saying I was denied the rebate because I didn't have the correct upc codes. I would have to resubmit the entire thing according to the rules on the rebate but how can I do that when I don't have my original recipt? It's not like I can go out and repurchase the items because part of the rebate was that it had to be bought over memorial weekend.

Yeah, mea culpa for not reading carefully, but there is no way I can get any sort of rebate now and I called Anheuser Busch and there is nothing they can do for me. I'm in a really bad mood today so I am holding a grudge and boycotting. It's no skin off my nose since I only use beer for cooking. It's Mrblocko who will be bearing the brunt of my grudge. It's not like Anheuser Busch is the only fish in the sea when it comes to beer though so don't feel too sorry for him.

I don't back down when I get pissed at a company. Trust me, I've been boycotting McDonald's since 2001. The only time I've been there since 2001 was to poop in their toilet and not flush. Oh, and I drove my car through the drive through so MrsThunder could get some fries. It was the only food place close and I didn't want her to go into a diabetic coma or anything.

So Booooo! Hiss! To Anheuser Busch! I know I'm only a drop in the bucket but it's the only constructive thing I can think of to do, well the only legal constructive thing I can think of anyway.

1 comment:

  1. The same thing happend to me! I am furious and I am sending those rip-off people a letter, (and it won't give them a warm and fuzzy feeling)! I too will never buy their products again and will "dis" them every chance I get!

    Jan in Atlanta, GA

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!