Monday, June 1, 2009

Cream Cheese Fondue

This weekend I offered to help my friend Mrs Thunder of Wednesday Night Accessories make some jewlery. She is going to be a vendor at the Port Washington Pirate Festival in WI June 5-7. This is her first big show and I am super excited for her! I went crazy on making ankle bells. I think I may be getting the beading bug again. (I blame Mrs Thunder because she always has the coolest beads.) I had so much fun I would definately help out again.

Anyhow, she made us Cream Cheese Fondue for lunch. It was delicious! I don't know where she found it but here is the same recipe, 3rd from the bottom. Not only was this tasty, but unlike most fondues, it won't turn into a gloppy mess. If you have leftovers you can just add a little more cream and reheat, or, I am told, straight out of the fridge, it makes a tasty bagel spread.

Herb and Cream Cheese Fondue from Great Party Recipes
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, or 1/2 tablespoon dried
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped, or 1/2 tablespoon dried
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, or 1/2 tablespoon dried
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 to 1 1/2 cups light cream

In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil, just til tender. Add cream cheese, and continue cooking on low , stirring, til cheese is smooth and melted. Gradually stir in cream, a little at a time, til mix reaches right consistency for dipping. (It thickens as it cools.) Add parsley, oregano and basil, and continue cooking 2-3 min to let the herb flavors blend. Transfer to a warm ceramic fondue pot. Serve with cooked, shelled shrimp, tortellini and crusty French bread, cubed. Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, but you will need to add more cream before serving; as it thickens when chilled. Shrimp and scallops cook quickly and dry easily when overcooked, however, so it's best to prepare them shortly before serving this fondue recipe. Serves 6.

3 comments:

  1. Cream chese is my friend. It is great we can do so many tasty things to it. Great recipe idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was absolutely giddy when I saw your post. Someone who isn't my best friend or immedate family reads my blog!!! AND someone with a "Real" blog with real traffic to boot! It's like when one of the cool kid's says hi in the halls at high school. As dorky as it is, you've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I paid her a quarter to post ;)

    It is fun when folks you arent strongly connected with reads your blog. It makes me feel less ike Im talking to myself or telling the same stories over and over to friends and family, which I never ever do. Only if Im alone or with someone.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!