Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cheater Fudge Truffles

Here's another no bake recipe for the holidays, 2 ingredient fudge. I found this recipe on recipezaar, but it is all over the interweb. I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet chips and cream cheese frosting. Then, I scooped them into balls and rolled half of them in crushed Oreo cookies and the other half in crushed candy canes.I'm glad I checked out the comment section on recipezaar before making this. A fair share of people had issues with the fudge not setting up. Some people suggested that it was because they melted the frosting. My frosting was already very soft so I didn't even see the point of melting it. Why melt something to make it stirable when you can already stir it?

More than likely, the problems people had with their fudge not setting up was because they didn't read the directions properly. The recipe calls for a 12 oz can of frosting. My can of frosting was 16 oz. Just use 3/4 of a can and you'll have no problem with the fudge solidifying.

In fact, I think my fudge may have set up a bit too well. I made the mistake of putting everything in the fridge for 30 min. Do not do that if you want to roll your fudge into truffles. The fudge will be rock hard. Break out your small scooper right away and portion the fudge into truffles before it cools. I was able to correct my mistake by breaking up the fudge into a microwave safe bowl. I then microwaved the fudge for about 30 seconds until it was scoopable again.

These are Blockette's favorite Christmas treat this year. I think they are just ok. I'll try this recipe again, but with a different chip and frosting combination.

Cheater fudge Truffles from Food.com
1 (12 ounce) can of ready to spread frosting, any flavor
1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips, any flavor (ie. chocolate chips)

Make sure you have complimentary flavors. Melt the chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Melt frosting until pourable, about 30 seconds. Mix together the chips and frosting and pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Chill until set, about an hour. Makes a very soft, smooth fudge. Try any other flavor combo you can think of.


Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/2-ingredient-fudge-105452#ixzz1b51Ub7x8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!