Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chocolate Crinkles

These used to be Mrblocko's favorite cookies until I made the Snickerdoodle truffles. Now I think they are at least tied for first. They are also my father-in-law's favorite cookie. Either way, they are another mandatory Christmas cookie. They taste kind of like a cakey brownie in cookie form. This is why they are my least favorite out of all the Christmas cookies I make. I prefer my brownies to be fudgy versus cakey.

The recipe is a very simple one, aside from needing to let the dough chill in the fridge overnight. If you are trying this cookie out for the first time, you might want to half the recipe. Or, as my uncle would say, "Make the full recipe and send half to him."

Chocolate Crinkles makes about 6 dozen
1/2 c veg oil
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 c sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c powdered sugar for rolling

Mix oil, chocolate and sugar. Blend in 1 egg at a time until all eggs are well incorporated. Add vanilla, stir. Add in in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Chill overnight. Preheat oven to 350 F. Drop spoonful of dough into powdered sugar. (small cookie scooper is the perfect size) Roll and shape into balls. place 2 inches apart on parchment. Bake 10-12 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!