Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Firehall Marinade

This weekend I consumed...are you ready for it??? Steak. I haven't had steak in at least 10 years. I know it's been longer than that but my memory is only 10 years long. (If I've met you more than 10 years ago and I haven't seen you in the mean time, I'm not ignoring you, I just have no idea who you are.)

Why so long with no steak? Steak and I have not gotten along. I enjoy not having digestive problems, so I just steered clear of it. (Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun.) I have never had any trouble with ground beef. Maybe since it was ground up, it was easier to digest.

Mrblocko has been begging and pleading to grill a steak on his fancy shmancy grill. Since he has not grilled steak in the time that I've known him, I got him a cheapo cut of meat. This was a boneless top round. I figured if he messed it up we wouldn't be throwing a bunch of money out the window. I bet some of you that know me are wondering why I risked it and tried the grilled beef. The answer is this marinade: Fire hall marinade from Tasty Kitchen. We tried it on grilled chicken and wowzers was it gooood. So good I was convinced it would be even more spectacular on a Steak. It was.Now, I only had the teeniest of pieces of the beef. Luckily, there were no negative side effects. I think this means the next cut of beef, which will be a higher quality one, I can have a slightly larger portion. Yay!

The only bad thing I have to say about the marinade itself is that it was quite salty, particularly with the chicken. (Even Mrblocko thought it was on the salty side and that is saying something!)My solution to this problem is to either use less steak seasoning, low sodium teriyaki sauce, or substitute half the teriyaki in the recipe for water.

Other than the salt, this marinade has a great balance of flavor: spicy, tart, sweet, tangy and even umami (if you believe in that sort of thing.) This is my favorite marinade to date. I like this, dare I say it...more than I like Peking sauce. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but do I like it as much as a Peking sauce marinade.

Firehall Marinade from Tasty Kitchen
½ cups Olive Oil
¼ cups Brown Sugar
4 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Halved
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
3 teaspoons Montreal Steak Spice
1 teaspoon Dried Mustard
1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, Grated
½ cups Teriyaki Sauce (I Use Kikkoman)
4 whole Steaks (strip Loins, Flank Or Other)

Combine ingredients in a large Ziploc bag (don’t be like me—make sure there are no holes in the bag!), close bag and squeeze to mix the ingredients. Add 4 medium striploin steaks (or your choice of beef steak) to the bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or even overnight to marinate and then grill the steaks as you normally would. Steaks can be frozen in the marinade as well, just defrost them in the refrigerator and grill. Recipe can also be doubled to increase the amount of marinade

1 comment:

  1. Offers may be subject to change without notice. See the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy (Your California Rights)for more information. Ad Choices EU Data Coach Outlet Online 80 OFF Subject Requests. 10th March 2017Quote: "It's an action movie with huge amounts of stunts, wolf fighting, horse riding, MK Outlet Online guns and sword fights. It's also a romantic drama. And there's music and MK Outlet Sale dance on top of that.

    CHICAGO (CBS) CBS 2 Investigators learned exclusively a settlement Coach Outlet Clearance Sale has been reached in two lawsuits against the City of Chicago involving a police officer. This could cost taxpayers about $1.5 Million dollars in legal fees and payouts. But those who sued, say Cheap Air Forces the settlements fail to take care of the problem Cheap Nike Air Force 1 officer..

    There they made their heroic stand against overwhelming odds during The Battle of the Bulge, fought during the coldest European winter of the 20th Century!!! Then in the Spring of 1945 they captured The Eagle's Nest, Hitler's home in the Alps. This is just a thumb nail sketch, off the top of my head. For an in depth study you need to go to the ever elusive L I B R A R Y.

    Fastest turboprop transport. 4. Tupolev Jordan Shoe Stores Tu 144 1,553 mph. "It's one of the most horrific crimes in the history of America," Howard Finkelstein, a public defender in Broward County for the past 40 years,said in an interviewbefore the FBI's statement. "Everybody Coach Outlet Purses On Clearance was on notice. Every system should've been alerted, and not one of the systems did one thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!