Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You say it's your Birthday...

Do you know that a lot of companies give you free stuff on or around your birthday??? It's really great since Blockette and I have birthdays so close together. We get to do lots of free things together. Here are a few of the things Blockette and I have gotten on our latest "free spree."

My mom came to visit last weekend so Mrblocko and I got a chance to go out for dinner by ourselves. I chose to eat at Houlihans. If you sign up for their email club, you get a free entree on your birthday.

After we go out to eat, Mrblocko and I like to hang out at the book store. He reads graphic novels/comic books while I check out what ever magazines strike my fancy. We usually get some sort of drink while we peruse, so it was great that I got a free coupon for a small coffee or tea from Borders Rewards. This works out great for me because the peppermint tea at the cafe is one of the only things they carry that is decaffeinated and sugar free.

Blockette just got her shots for Kindergarten the other day. I told her if she was good we'd go out afterwards and do a bunch of fun things, including eat out for lunch! Well, she was as well as can be expected for little miss dramatic. So we headed over to the mall. Signing up for Orange Julius' Quench Club gets you a free small smoothie.

After our palate was "quenched" we headed on over to Toys R Us. Blockette is signed up for Geoffrey's Birthday Club. This club gets you a $3 off coupon when you spend $3 or more. You can also get a paper crown and a balloon. Blockette for some odd reason did not want her balloon. I was sure Blockette was going to pick a Lego mini figurine for her treat. (I told her she had to keep the cost around $5.) Instead, she chose 2 hot wheels cars and a container of mini M&M's. This was pretty awesome as I only paid around $0.70 out of pocket.

By this time, we were starved so we went down the street to Noodles & Company. Last year I signed up to get Noodlegrams and they sent me a coupon for a free large bowl of noodles with any one add in. I was hoping I'd get a similar coupon this year, and I was not disappointed. The small noodle bowls are a perfect lunch size for both Blockette and I. A large noodle bowl is exactly double the amount of food as the small bowl, so this works out awesome for us. We both like the Pad Thai with Chicken so we don't mind sharing.

Right down the street from the Noodles we ate at is Cost Plus World Market. If you sign up for their Email list they will send you an email with a coupon for $10 off when you buy $10 or more. I got some soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles), a pair of earrings, and some Ginger chews from a company called the Ginger People. (Seriously addictive if you are a fan of ginger. Even Blockette thought they were spicy, but tasty.) I went over my $10 by $0.17.

By the time we got done at Cost Plus, Blockette and I were tired so we headed home. We still have coupons for each of us to get a bowl of ice cream plus one add in at Cold Stone Creamery, an ice cream cone at Baskin-Robbins, a free breakfast at IHOP.

Some other email clubs that provide freebies are:
Club Veg at Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation- buy one get one free coupon on your birthday. (This one isn't as big of a deal as signing up for this list gets you a BOGO coupon every month.

P.I.G. Club at Famous Dave's - mystery coupon for your birthday that you don't find out exactly what it is until you get to the restaurant.

CPKids at California Pizza Kitchen- Free kids meal around your kid's birthday

Blizzard Fan Club at Dairy Queen- Birthday Coupon for Buy one get one free Blizzard

Club Mongo at BD's Mongolian Grill (I can't remember what they sent this year, but they do send some sort of coupon via email for your birthday.)

Register A Gift Card at Starbucks. If you have a gift card from Starbucks, register it to their website. You'll get a snail mail coupon for free drink on your birthday.

Birthday Club Kmart- Coupon for your child. $5 off when you spend $5.

Do you know any more great Freebie sites? Leave me a comment and let me know! I love free stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!