Monday, April 18, 2011

chocolate chip oreo stuffed cookies

How do you improve on perfection? I think Jenny over at Picky Palate may have found a way to improve on the basic chocolate chip cookie. How is that possible you ask? Chocolate chip Oreo cookies. Yeah an Oreo inside a chocolate chip cookie. Crazy eh? My kind of crazy.This is like eating three cookies in one convenient cookie delivery system. To make these gems, just wrap 2 cookie dough balls around one Oreo cookie, and then bake it. I ate a whole one in one sitting and wound up with a bellyache. So now I just eat half and then wait a few hours and eat the other half. The poor half cookie really needs to be put out of it's lonesome misery so I don't suggest waiting any longer than 4 hours to eat the other half. PETA or the FBI might come to your house and slap you silly or unroll all your toilet paper.

For the cookie portion I used cookie mix I got for Christmas. The mix was good, but saltier than the standard Tollhouse version. My cookies spread out a bit more than I would have liked. This was most likely due to the fact that I used half margarine and half butter. I was worried that the mix would not be up to snuff and I didn't want to waste all that butter on something mediocre.

As a result of the dough spreading you got some plain cookie and some Oreo enrobed cookie. I always saved my Oreo part for last since I thought it was like the dessert of my dessert. Yeah you know it's gonna be a good day when your dessert has dessert. Maybe these should actually be eaten for breakfast. Start your day of RIGHT!!!

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag chocolate chips
1 bag Oreo Cookies, I used the double stuff :)

 Preheat oven to 350 F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE Cookies

2 comments:

  1. you could make them with mini oreos and then you wouldn't have the half cookie crying loudly in the other room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! That is a great idea! Then they really would be perfect for breakfast! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!