Monday, April 11, 2011

Future Occupations

Thursday Blockette came downstairs after quiet time and said, "Mommy I'm going to be a Meteorologist!"

"Oh?" I replied. "And what is a meteorologist?"

"A person who studies terrible storms like tsunami's and hurricanes."

"Well honey, a meteorologist doesn't just study the terrible storms, they study all kinds of weather. And do you know the people who talk about the weather on the news? They are meteorologists too."

"Really? Yeah. That's what I'm gonna be."

--------------------------------------------------

Now fast forward to Sunday, on the way to church:

"Mommy, I've decided I'm going to be a scientist that studies dinosaurs when I grow up."

"A scientist that studies dinosaurs is called a Paleontologist. You want to be a Paleontologist when you grow up? Wait, what happened to wanting to be a meteorologist?"

"I'm going to be meteorologist right now while I'm a kid, but when I grow up I'm going to be a paleontologist. And I'm going to be the first scientist that proves that the Asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was put there by God."

"Oh? Well that would be very cool!"

"Yes. But Mommy, I'm going to need my own computer to do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!