Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Experimentations on the One Minute Peanut Butter Cake

I found this recipe for a 1 minute peanut butter cake over at Back to Her Roots. Since I am a hugemongous fan of the chocolate mug cake, I thought I'd broaden my horizons.  I was weirded out by the egg in the recipe, but one person wrote in the comments that they swapped out half of a banana for the egg.  Wouldn't the cake be mega good for me if I was eating a half of a banana? The answer of course is YES!

So here is the first cake I made:

half a banana, mashed (Mine was frozen so I nuked it for 20 seconds to thaw it out.)
1 tablespoon brown sugar splenda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 T cocoa powder
1-2 T chocolate chips

I mixed all the above ingredients together inside the coffee mug, then I swirled in a regular size spoon ful of Nutella.  Nuke for 30 seconds. Eat cake.  (This is the most important step.)

I don't know what the dealio was, but there was this odd soapy after taste.  At first I thought that it was the bananas, but bananas don't taste like soap no matter how gross they are.  I think either the splenda brown sugar or the baking powder may have been the culprit.

So I a few days later, I made cake number 2:
This time I left out the baking powder, used regular brown sugar, used more peanut butter and whole wheat flour.  See the recipe below:
half a banana, mashed
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 T whole wheat flour
2 heaping T peanut butter
1/2 T cocoa powder
1-2 T chocolate chips

Mix it all up in your coffee mug and swirl in a big ole blob o' Nutella before nuking for 45 seconds. Sit back and enjoy the worlds longest run on sentence. Oh, and your cake.

Ah, no more funky soap taste.  Cake 2 was gooey-er than cake 1.  I did use more peanut butter though.  The baking powder will give your cake more lift and cake like texture.  I prefer it gooey though.  So there you have it.  I think I'll stick with the second version I made.  Although, if Mrblocko should ever get a craving for one of these, I'll add the baking powder.  He likes a cake-ier texture to his mug cake.

Oh, and because I know he is going to ask me.. Yes. Yes I did eat both of these cakes by myself while you and Blockette were off at work and school.  Muhahahha!

1 comment:

  1. And yes... I do realize that the title of this post is super not grammatically correct. Sometimes I do that just to irritate my husband. Hi honey! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!