Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hashbrowns From Scratch Update

Back in August I wrote about this cool link I found on how to make your own hashbrowns.  Well, I finally cooked up some of my frozen shredded potatoes.

Here is what they look like after frying them up:
They aren't exactly the kind of hashbrowns you get from a store bought bag of frozen hashbrowns, but they were still really really yummy. I'd say they are a lot like the hashbrown patties you get at most fast food places, except a LOT less greasy.

Also it helps to cook them on a pan that is non-stick, not your old crappy one that has all the Teflon scratched off of it from over use.  Yeah.  Don't use that pan.  You should really throw that pan out cause it is so nasty.  Except you know you won't, cause it's really good for making popcorn.

3 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I wish you delivered! LOL!! It's breakfast time here!

    Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those crappy pans! And, sadly, I will continue to use it. :)
    Your hash browns look DELICIOUS!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by today.

    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with one of those pans. I made a bad choice and used mine this weekend for a frittata. Not fun getting that bad boy out of the pan!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!