Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Not for Sale

Sorry Christie's. This work of art is not for sale.


Blockette made it for her Great-great Aunt who turned 90 last Saturday. This was the first painting on canvas Blockette had ever done. I've never actually painted on canvas either so I think it may have been a bit of the blind leading the blind. Blockette was so proud of her painting. You may or may not be able to tell by this photo.
I think Blockette's face is going to crack from pride.

Of course my great aunt loved her present, but loved Blockette even more.   This visit was the first time they had actually met. 
Yup.  They are the best of buds.  My great aunt kept saying she was going to keep Blockette, and kept mentioning that the house two doors down was for sale.  Blockette thought that was the best idea ever.  Although, I'm not sure if that was because of the prospect of living so close to someone who would spoil her absolutely rotten, she'd live across the street from a huge park, or because of all the dragonflies she saw hovering around my great-aunt's house.

Either way, Blockette is already planning out our next visit to Northern Wisconsin.  Her goal is to move our entire town up there.  I'm not quite sure how a town of 9,000 would handle a sudden influx of 30,000 people.  Blockette is still trying to work out all the kinks.  I imagine she'll have it all figured out before the start of the next school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!