Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Cross Stitches

I only stitched three things during the month of August.  I was really distracted by the Olympics, and more recently, Mad Men!

The three designs I did stitch were of London landmarks.  I thought that was a fitting crafty multi-task for the 2012 London Olympics!

These designs were from a British cross stitch magazine.  I think Cross Stitch Card Shop.



These were all stitched on a pale grayish blue 18 ct aida. 

Ugh.  What a nightmare that was.  They really should have been stitched on 14/28 count, or even 16/32 count fabric.  As it was, the back stitching sometimes got lost.  This was particularly the case with the Trafalgar Square design.  There is an insane amount of backstitching detail in the bottom third of the design.  All of this detail got all muddled together and there is absolutely no definition. 

Oh well.

It's not like I have any plans for the designs.  I just stitched them for fun.  Although, I do think they'd look nice if they were framed together in a horizontal triptych.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!