Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Maple Cinnamon Banana "Ice Cream"

I liked the Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate chip Ice Cream so much, I had to make another batch the next day! This time I decided to switch things up a bit with maple, pecans and cinnamon flavors.

Which one is better?  I can't decide!

If you're a fan of maple or cinnamon, you'll love this version as much as I did.  Wanna know what the best part about this dessert was?  The maple and cinnamon flavors are so strong, I couldn't taste any banana.  Double super bonus!

Maple Cinnamon Banana "Ice Cream"
2 frozen bananas, sliced into coins
2 scoops of peanut butter (I used a tablespoon, not the measuring kind.)
3 regular tablespoons of Maple syrup (I used basic Pancake syrup.  In my opinion, it has a stronger maple flavor than the real stuff.)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (use less if you are not a total cinnamon junkie like me)
small handful of pecan pieces
small handful of Hershey's cinnamon chips

Pulse the frozen bananas in a food processor.  Add the peanut butter, syrup and cinnamon.  Blend until smooth and fluffy.  Pour into shallow container.  Fold in pecans and chips.  Eat now if you like soft serve, freeze for 2-4 hours for firmer consistency.  Serves 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!