Friday, October 4, 2013

Chewy Chunky Chip Cookies

This is my take on the Chunk cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction.

They were good, but I didn't think they were really any better or any worse than any other chocolate chip cookie.  Mine didn't get as puffy as the original recipe.  They never do.  I think it's some sort of cookie conspiracy.  They were puffier than Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies though.  So I guess that's something. 

I did freeze half the batch and they baked up the same way, puffy, but not as puffy as I expected.  I'm going to blame the poofy failure on the humidity, as I made them in early July.

So have you tried this recipe out?  Let me know how your's turned out!

Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction
2  1/4 c  flour
1 t baking soda
1 1/2 t cornstarch
1/2 t salt
3/4 c  butter, melted
3/4 c  br sugar
1/2 c  sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk - room temp
2 t vanilla
1 c chocolate  chunks

In lg bowl mix flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside. In med bowl, mix melted butter and sugars til smooth. Whisk in whole egg, then yolk, then vanilla. Pour wet into dry and combine. Fold in chips.  Cover and chill dough for 2 hrs - 3 days. Soften dough at room temp for 10 min while oven preheating to 325F. Roll into 3T dough balls.  Dough may be crumbly. Roll dough taller than wide, to aide in thick baked cookies.  8 cookie dough balls per parchment/silpat lined cookie sheet. Press a few chocolate chunks on top of dough balls if desired. Bake 11-12 min. The cookies will look  underbaked. Cool on sheet 10 min as the cookies continue to cook. Move to wire rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!