Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Bars

I made these Cinnamon roll bars from Blissful Whimsy for my husband's family reunion in early Sept.  The only changes I made was to use butter pecan cake mix and half the drizzle the recipe called for.  I made a full recipe of glaze and saved half in the fridge to use on apple bread!  (Which I'll write about at a later date.)


I don't know that I would go so far as to classify them as cinnamon roll bars.  People thought they tasted more like gingerbread bars.  Not that they were complaining!

This was a super easy recipe that I would definitely make again.

Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars from Blissful Whimsy
1 box yellow or butter pecan cake mix
1/2 c melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 c br sugar
1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 T cinnamon  (Yes. Tablespoon.  Do it.  Cinnamon is awesome!)

Icing
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix all bar ingredients in large bowl and pour into a greased 9"x13" baking dish. Bake at 350F for 25 min. When browned and edges pulling away from the side of the pan, remove from oven and cool.  Once cake is room temp, mix powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle icing over top in kriss-cross pattern.  I only used half of the icing called for in the recipe, and stored the remainder in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!