Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mort and Snerd

When I was little, my Dad would joke that because he grew up near Lake Superior he knew all the seagulls. If we ever saw 2 seagulls together, one was always Mort and the other one was Snerd. To this day I have no idea what that was all about. I tried to Google it but only came up with sites related to Mortimer Snerd. Did you know there is a Mortimer Snerd who is a political blogger? A Mortimer Snerd ventriloquist's dummy? and A Mortimer Snerd rock band from the 70's?Anyhow, so you can see this design features both Mort and Snerd, and several of their friends flying in the background, who are also named Mort and Snerd.

The colors are a bit off from what they should be. The design was charted for Anchor threads. Since Anchor brand threads are a bit difficult to find on this side of the Atlantic, I swapped them out for DMC. DMC and Anchor don't have an exact conversion, so the end result has more gray tones than the original.

The gray values remind me of a humid summer day, probably an Ozone Action Day. Except...they don't call them Ozone Action Days anymore. Now they're called Air Pollution Action days, and they are on a color scale. If I had to guess, I'd say this was an Orange Day. Remember folks, Green Pays on Green Days, but Orange Days make a nice cross stitch.

Scene in the Dunes is a freebie from Wishful Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!