Tuesday, July 2, 2013

PBJ Mug Cake

Are you ready for another microwave mug cake?  This one is for you peanut butter and jelly lovers out there!

We used strawberry jelly in our mug cakes.  I wished that there was more than a heaping tablespoon of jelly in mine.  Although, I'm not sure I'd feel the same way if it was grape jelly.  I prefer strawberry over grape.  Blockette is the opposite.  Use the jelly flavor and amounts you like best!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Mug Cake from Kirbie Cravings
1/4c flour
1/4 t baking powder
1/4c milk (I've used skim and sugar free almond milk with great success)
3 T peanut butter
4 t granulated sugar
1-2 heaping T jelly or jam

Mix everything except jelly in LARGE, micro-safe mug til batter's smooth. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop out half the batter. Drop jelly into middle of batter that is still in the mug. Plop the remaining batter back into the mug, covering the jam. Nuke for 45-60 sec. I've found that 45 seconds works best for my microwave.  Then let it sit for 5 min.  It will continue to cook as it sits.  If you are going to wolf the cake down immediately, then go ahead and nuke it for a minute.  If you let it sit at all it will over cook and become rubbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!