Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sesame Oil Hummus

I'm not the biggest fan of tahini. Whenever I've tried to make hummus the tahini always makes it taste funky.  I've tried a few different brands all with no luck.

Of course when I saw this recipe for hummus that used sesame oil instead of tahini at Are You Hungry?, I whipped up a batch right away.

Thing is, I don't really like it.

I'm thinking that I don't like a strong taste of sesame.  Sure sesame seed bagels are great, and give me a sesame seed bun over a plain one please!  I even like sesame seeds in my granola.  I guess I can have too much of a "good" thing.

At least Mrblocko liked this dip so it didn't have to go directly into the garbage can.  Funny thing is he would rather not eat anything with sesame seeds on it.  Guess we are opposites like that.


No Tahini Hummus from Are You Hungry?
2 cups chickpeas or garbanzo beans (if using canned drain, rinsed and towel dry)
3 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
4 - 5 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, crushed or minced
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
3 Tbsp. sesame oil

In a food processor, blend chickpeas, lemon/lime juice, and 4 T olive oil. Add garlic,spices, and sesame oil. Blend to a smooth paste.  If  too dry, add more olive oil a little at a time until dip is desired texture. Serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I'm gonna try this, I love Sesame, as much as I hate cilantro ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock out girl. Gimme all the cilantros!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!