Monday, September 23, 2013

Carrot cake poke cake

Here is a recipe I made back in...oh I don't know, maybe May.  I THINK maybe I made it for some sort of family gathering, but I don't remember what.  I do remember that it was swept out of the house before I could take a picture and I returned with an empty pan.

What on earth am I talking about?  I'm talking about carrot cake poke cake from Something Swanky.  A super easy cake made from carrot cake mix.  It also has something that I'd never heard of:  Cool Whip Frosting. 

It's an evil hybrid of pudding, frosting and cool whip.  Magically delicious. 

I was surprised to find it in the grocery store. Right there on the shelf next to the ordinary Cool Whip.  Who knew.
 
Anyhow, if you are a carrot cake fiend like we are in this house, (yeah, even the cat likes carrot cake..Bad Boo!) make this recipe.  It's om nom good.

Carrot Cake Poke Cake from Something Swanky
9x13 Carrot Cake recipe of your choice, baked and cooled (I used a box. Don't go fancy on me here...A cake w pineapple and raisins will get all weird with the condensed milk. )
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
8 oz Cool Whip
10.6 oz Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting (Cream Cheese flavor)
6 oz (half a tub) whipped cream cheese (must be whipped)
 1/2 c caramel sauce or more
1 c chopped pecans or more

Leave cake in dish it was baked in. Poke 20-25 holes, spread evenly, over top of cake with bottom of a wood spoon or chopstick. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill holes. In lg bowl, with hand mixer, beat together cool whip, cool whip frosting, and whipped cream cheese until smooth. Spread over cake. Pour caramel sauce over top, and sprinkle with pecans. Chill overnight. Cut into 12 squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!