Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BBQ Ranch Chicken Pizza Roll 'Em Ups

I had high hopes for the BBQ Ranch Chicken Pizza Roll 'Em Ups from Picky Palate. I thought for sure Blockette was going to go completely gaga for them. Her words were, "These are good Mommy, but don't make them again." She was right on the money. They were good, but nothing to write home about.

The dough did not puff up and brown the way I thought they were supposed to. I think they should have baked at a higher heat. The recipe called for baking them at 350, but the pizza dough in a tube said to bake at 475. With the peanut butter bar fiasco this weekend, I wonder if the temp in my oven isn't off as well. It might be worth getting an oven thermometer to be sure.

I had to omit the fresh cilantro this recipe asked for. The cold weather we've been having turned the cilantro leaves a pale lemony yellow, and they smelled a bit off too. I thought about substituting fresh basil until I remembered the basil plants aren't faring any better. I don't think adding fresh herbs would have tipped the scales and made this dish a keeper in the meal rotation. It was a nice break from all the pasta we ate last week though.


BBQ Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Pizza Roll em’ Ups from Picky Palate
1 Roll Pillsbury Pizza dough in can (or use other pizza dough of choice)
1/4 Cup prepared ranch dressing
2 Cups prepared shredded BBQ Chicken
1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 1/2 Cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
Ranch Dressing for dipping

Preheat oven to 350F. Open can of dough and press into rectangle. Spread or drizzle ranch dressing evenly over dough then top with evenly with chicken, cilantro and cheddar cheese. Starting at long end roll dough into a log shape. Using a sharp knife, cut 1" pieces and place onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 20-22 min til golden brown. Serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!