Friday, September 25, 2009

Baked Lemon Noodles

This dish was very lemony and it was totally 100% my fault. I can't even blame the cats.

Apparently I'm losing the ability to read. I see the words but they don't get processed by the ol' noggin. This recipe for baked lemon pasta would have turned out much better had I read the directions properly. Instead of giving half a lemon a squeeze when preparing the creamy sauce, I squeezed the bejeezus out of the entire lemon. What I should have done was give the lemon a squeeze into the sauce, then squeeze a bit more juice over the dish after it gets baked. I also sprinkled parsley and Parmesan over the top before I popped it in the oven. It would have been better if I put it on after the dish had baked.

I can't wait to make these noodles again and not screw it up.


Baked Lemon Noodles from The Pioneer Woman
1 pound Thin Spaghetti
4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
2 cups Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
Extra Lemon Juice

Preheat oven to 375. Cook spaghetti until al dente. In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat. Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.
Bake, covered, for 15 min. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7-10 min. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.) When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!