Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's the middle of April!!

Those of you in more warmer temperate climates won't understand why I'm so jazzed about the fact that it is mid April. Usually the daffodils are just starting to bloom. They are long gone, and so are all but the late blooming tulips.


I think this tulip looks sort of like a peony if you squint.  I just love the little hint of pink.

Speaking of pink...My bleeding heart bush is blooming nicely too.


Every year I"m convinced that I've killed it.  It's in a mostly shady part of our yard, so it usually doesn't do well.  As the plant has had a lot of warm days before the trees have gotten their leaves, it's got more than it's usual share of sunlight.  Dare I hope for a second bloom from this little guy.

And most amazing of all...


I noticed that my strawberry plants have started to flower!!!!  Crazy!!!!  Maybe I'll actually get some strawberries this year!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get your second bloom. This has been such a crazy spring between cold (heavy frosts this week) and almost 90 tomorrow in New Hampshire. I just don't know what to expect from my plants and especially the orchard. I'm sure our trees will be blooming early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My irises haven't bloomed yet, but the leaves are green and growing. Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planted irises for the first time last fall. Only I can't remember where! I think they are the spikey things behind the bleeding heart. We'll just have to see!

    I will have to remember about the early harvest. I've been meaning to take my daughter apple picking in the fall. Two falls ago there was an early harvest around here and we missed, and last year the weather on our free weekends didn't cooperate. I just wonder how early the apples will be!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!