Monday, July 9, 2012

Beer Burgers

Just a short post today about these spicy beer burgers from about.com.
They were really nice and moist, and tasted pretty good.  I think they would have knocked my socks off if we had used a beer I actually liked.  However, the only beer we had in the house was this stuff leftover from Christmas called Noche Buena, that I think smells horrible.  So my lesson for today is: unless you want a mediocre burger, use a beer you really like.


Beer Burgers adapted slightly from about.com
1.5 lb 80/20 gr beef
1 egg
1 sm onion minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3-1/2 c bread crumbs
half a beer
scant 1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t cayenne
1/2 t smoked paprika
1/2 T prepared mustard
 salt and pepper to taste

Combine meat, onions, garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, beer, and seasonings in a large bowl. Shape mixture into patties about 3/4 of an inch thick. Preheat grill for medium heat. Place patties onto grill rack and cook for 7-9 minutes per side.

1 comment:

  1. That burger looks and the ingredients make it sound delicious! I can't wait to try it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!