Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pizza Casserole

We really like this pizza casserole from Mom Endeavors. I made it once for a potluck dinner at church and then this half recipe a few weeks later. 

What I like about this recipe is how easy and customizable the recipe is.  Toss in whatever you prefer on your pizza.  The photo below is a half recipe with pepperoni all over, and black and green olives on one side.


Here's what you need to make a full recipe of pizza casserole:
1 box of pasta (I've used penne and bowtie)
1-2 jars of pasta (I used just over 1 jar, mostly because I had an almost empty jar in the fridge)
3 cups of Italian blend shredded cheese
Toppings of your choice

Preheat oven to 350.  Cook your pasta to al dente, and drain.  Spray 9x13" pan with cooking spray.  Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan.  Spread out half the noodles over the sauce layer.  Then add half the pizza toppings in another layer.  Add slightly less than half the cheese.  Repeat the layers of sauce, noodles, toppings and cheese.  Bake 30-40 min until warmed all the way through.  If you are crazy and don't like browned cheese cover the dish with foil.  I like to let my dish sit for 15 min before slicing so it holds together a bit better, but it's not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!