Wednesday, October 8, 2014

30 Days of Pumpkin-Day Seven: Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Muffins

Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Muffins is a mouthful, but one I don't mind saying as long as they wind up in my mouth. 

I found this recipe over at Bakeaholic Mama.  Originally, the recipe calls for baking them in 2 loaf pans.  I don't do so well with quick bread.  Ahem, let me rephrase that, my restraint doesn't do so well with quick bread.  I will eat the whole loaf in one sitting.  For some reason I feel able to stop after 2 with muffins.  Although, with this recipe, it was still a strain on my will power.  I'm pretty sure it's the cinnamon...aka the crack of spices.



Vegan Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Muffins from Bakeaholic Mama
2 c flour
1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
2 c brown sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 T cinnamon
15 oz fresh pumpkin puree
1 c vegetable oil
1/3 c honey (To make it vegan substitute maple syrup)
1/3 c water

TOPPING:
1/2 c flour
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 t salt
2 T cinnamon
2 T vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or line 2 muffin tins with paper wrappers. In lg bowl mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, oil, honey, and water. Add wet to dry.  Using large ice cream scoop, portion batter into muffin cups. In sm bowl mix topping ingredients with a fork until slightly crumbly. Sprinkle over tops of each muffin. Bake for 45 min - 1 hr 15 min. (you can also bake in 2 loaf pans for the same time)Or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow muffins to rest for 20 min before removing from pans. (you can also bake in 2 loaf pans for the same time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!