Tuesday, October 21, 2014

30 Days of Pumpkin-Day Twenty: Savory Pumpkin Dip Fail

We're two thirds of the way through pumpkin month!  Can you believe it?  And because not every recipe turns out the way you want it, I'm writing about this Savory Pumpkin Dip from My Whole Food Life.

No one in the house liked this recipe.  No matter how much seasoning I added to the mixture, it still tasted like canned pumpkin.  While we all really enjoy pumpkin in this house, we don't like it enough to just eat it straight from the can all by it's onsie.

Here is the recipe I used:

1  1/2 white beans ( 1/2 c more than the original recipe)
1 c canned pumpkin 
1/4 c water
1 1/2 t smoked paprika (orig 1t)
1/2 t onion powder
1 t chili powder(orig 1/2t)
1/2 t kosher salt

In food processor combine all ingred til smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.  makes about 1 1/2 cups dip.

 It even looks just like the stuff straight out of the can.

Sadly, as much as I hate tossing out food, I had to pitch this dip.  I'm thinking that if it contained 1/4-1/2 c pumpkin it might have been better? Maybe you just have to be a bigger fan of pumpkin than we are in the Blocko house?  

Do you have any ideas how I might have salvaged this dip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!