Monday, May 18, 2009

"THE" King

Once upon a time, long long ago (the 1980's), in a land far far away (Minnesota), there was a fancy schmancy Chinese buffet. I mean a fancy one, where you dressed up to go eat there. Eventually, the owner made the restaurant into a fast food chain by the same name and you can dine there in your ugly grubbies. Sadly, I don't think there are any Leeann Chin's anywhere outside the Twin Cities. I keep asking myself why they don't branch out into other areas of the midwest...like say Chicagoland. That'd be nice.

My favorite dish at Leeann Chin's, aside from the potstickers, is their Peking chicken. It is the best Peking Chicken EVER. The sauce is tangy, sweet with just a hint of spiciness. (Back in the day I used to think it was fire-y hot, but that was when my Swedish tastebuds could barely tolerate mild salsa.) Now Leeann Chin's sells the Peking sauce by the bottle at their chain restaurants.

It's no coincidence the word Peking is composed of "Pe" and King". It's clearly the king of sauces and it's so good it makes you wanna pee. It would be better if they sold it by the gallon. I mean seriously folks, this stuff is made with crack--crack for people. I don't think there is a meat (or veggie) out there that this sauce doesn't taste good on. We bbq-ed some pork chops basted in Peking sauce and it was taste bud heaven.

Try this sauce if you can, but don't say I didn't warn you. One taste and you'll be hooked for life. Muhahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, let me tell you this is really really good. When there is a visitor from Minnesota or the Blockos come back from Minnesota and there is no peking sauce in tow I die a little on the inside. Really, really goos stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!