Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lime Chipotle Shrimps

I'm not feeling very chatty today but I told myself I'd write a post anyway. Head on over to Ezra Pound Cake for the healthy pan seared shrimp with chipotle lime glaze. It's a great recipe if you are trying to figure out how in the world you are going to use up the rest of the can of Chipotle peppers after making Chipotle baked meatballs. This recipe won't use up the rest of the can, but it will make a dent. Just make sure that when you buy your shrimp you don't make the same mistake I did and buy the kind that still has the digestive tracks in. Handling shrimp poop for a half hour can make even the tastiest meal seem unappetizing. It also ruins the concept of having a quick and easy meal.

The good thing to come out of this is that I know how to de-vein a shrimp fairly well now. It only took me 3/4 of the bag to figure it out. I never said I was a fast learner.

This dish makes a great appetizer. You could also add this to noodles or rice in a butter sauce. I bet it would be a great addition to a stir fry as well.

In case you were wondering, Blockette does not care for shrimp. Yay! That just means more for me.

Chipotle Lime Glazed Shrimp from Ezra Pouncake
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds 21/25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar

Glaze:
1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
2 teaspoons adobo sauce
4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

For Glaze: Stir together chipotle chile, adobo sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and cilantro in small bowl. Heat 1 Toil in 12" skillet over high til smoking. Meanwhile, toss shrimp, salt, pepper, and sugar in medium bowl. Add half of shrimp to the pan in single layer, and cook til spotty brown and edges turn pink, 1 min. Remove pan from heat; using tongs, flip each shrimp and let stand until all but very center is opaque, 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp to large plate. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil and shrimp. After second batch has stood off heat, return first batch to skillet, add chipotle mix, and toss to combine. Cover skillet and let stand until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 min. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!