Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken

Feel like grilling? Tired of your usual marinade? Why not try grilled honey mustard chicken from simply scratch?
Ain't them grill marks on that chicken perty? Mrblocko did a good job with that.  I love grill marks on my food.  The charred bits are so yummy. 

This marinade is great because it has sweet, sour, and a touch of heat.  I like that in a marinade.  I probably should have used smokey paprika.  That would have been a fun flavor addition.  Oh well.

I only made one teensy tiny alteration to the recipe.  I didn't have any of that funky grainy mustard on hand, so I just used the Dijon mustard that we had in the freezer.  I think that it was just as well.  I probably would have had to tell Blockette that the mustard seeds were spider's eggs and then there would have been excessive drama at the table.

Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken from Simply Scratch   Serves 4
1/2 cup of any Whole Grain Mustard
1/2 cup of Honey
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1 Garlic Clove, smashed and minced
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 4 tablespoons of sauce and then pour the remaining honey mustard mixture over the chicken, toss and cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes at room temp. Preheat the grill on medium- medium high heat, grill chicken for about 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is done. Pour the reserved honey-mustard sauce over chicken and let rest under foil for about 5 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!