Friday, July 1, 2011

June Reads

How is it possible that I've only read 3 books in the month of June.  Summer is supposed to be my reading extravaganza time.  I have checked out many books, but have not finished them because I just couldn't get interested in the story/subject matter. 

1.Pegasus by Robin McKinkey. This book starts off quite slow. I kept reading it because I was bored and was even less interested in the other books I had checked out at the time.  In the world this story is set in, people are paired off with Pegasus who are as intelligent, if not more so than humans.  The ending was really sad depressing, not something I was in the mood for at the time. Apparently there is a sequel in the works slated to come out some time in 2012.  I will probably read the sequel just to see if things get any better for the 2 main characters.

2. The Warlock by Michael Scott. Book 5 in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. This is the penultimate book in the series.  The 2 main characters, a boy and girl twin,  choose sides in the battle to save or destroy our world.  You also find out more about their ancestry in a bit of a surprising twist at the end of the book.

3. Jane's Fame: How Jane Austen Conquered the World by Claire Harman.  The title is pretty self explanatory.  The book about Jane Austen's rise in popularity.  A bit of a dry read at the beginning, but I found the explanations of the author's rise to fame in modern times to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!