Monday, December 26, 2011

'11 Happy Dance #38 : Marbelized Ornaments

Blockette and I made these marbleized ornaments as presents for her Grandparents.  We had lots of fun watching them change as they dried.

For example, these two looked quite identical when we dripped the paint inside the ornament, but the end result was very different.  The one on the right was softly muted stripes, while the one left was mostly solid colored with one main swirled area.

The directions say to use clear glass ornaments, but I thought the plastic ones would be much safer.  I think they did take a bit longer to dry, and the paint didn't adhere as well as it would have on glass.  All and all I think they turned out pretty well.


If you'd like to make your own marbleized ornaments check out the tutorials on A Yellow Bicycle and Cut Out and Keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!