Friday, December 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Ritz Fudge

One of the Christmas cookies I would always convince my mom to make at the last minute were Peanut butter Ritz sandwiches. If you haven't ever had this, get yourself some peanut butter, Ritz crackers and some white chocolate. What you do is make little sandwiches with the peanut butter and the crackers, and then dip them into white chocolate.

Salty and sweet can't be beat. (Just so you know, I'm doing that raise the roof thing with my arms when I say that.  You should too.)

Why didn't we ever make them any other time of the year? Oh yeah. Cause my mom was mean. (Hi mom!) That's where I learned it from. Tradition!

Anyhow that awesomely crazy cool lady over at Cookies and Cups found a way to make this treat faster, easier and more betterer. Yeah! I know. You are saying that's impossible. She is a kitchen genius. She made it into Fudge. NGAAAAAAA!!!

Ok. I can year you inside your head. (Did you know?) I can hear you saying, lady, how can fudge be easier than dipping little sandwiches in chocolate? She makes cheater fudge. CHEATER FUDGE. What?

You haven't heard of that either? (Do we live next door to each other under adjacent rocks or something?)

Cheater fudge is when you take a bag of chips, melt it, and stir in a can of frosting. This is fudge even I can make without messing up.

To make the pb ritz white chocolate fudge all you have to do is the above and then stir in peanut butter Ritz Bitz. Yeah!
Look at those layers!  So much goodness, I can't even stand it.

Blockette can't stand it either.
Why yes. She is trying to kiss her cookies. Sometimes it's just better not to ask.


Peanut Butter Ritz White Chocolate Fudge from Cookies and Cups
1 (16 oz) can vanilla frosting
1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
2 cups Peanut Butter Ritz Bits

Grease or spray lightly a 9×9 or 8×8 pan. Melt chips in a double boiler or the microwave. As soon as they are melted, stir in entire can of frosting. Fold in Ritz Bits. Spread into prepared pan and chill for 30 minutes. When firm, cut into squares.

2 comments:

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!