Friday, December 2, 2011

November Reads

Not a very big list of reads this month.  I've been more into watching weird shows like Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Fringe and American Horror Story. (Which, by the way, a bazillion times weirder than Twin Peaks.)


1. Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated by Alison Arngrim.  Man, the girl who played Nellie Oleson had a messed up life.  I always hated that character growing up, but now I have a new appreciation for her.  She's my new hero.

2. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. Book 2 in the Heroes of Olympus Series.  This book is the latest episode in the saga that is the life of the demi-god Percy Jackson.  I'm enjoying the Roman mythology more than I did the Greek that was in the first series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Maybe because I'm less familiar with Roman mythology.

3. The Silver Bowl by Diane Stanley.  This was an enjoyable quick read aimed at a middle school aged audience.  The main character, Molly the scullery maid,  has visions which lead her on the path to discovering and breaking the curses laid upon the Royal family.  The end was left open for a sequel, which I hope gets written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!