Saturday, February 4, 2012

Patchy Pants Extravaganza

My daughter must walk around all day on her knees.  Does she even use her feet?  She must as she wore through a pair of shoes last month.  I was doing the laundry and noticed that she had worn holes in 3 pairs of pants.  THREE PAIRS! Ugh.

She can't stand to have holes in her clothes, so I try to at least make the patches fun.  She will wear the pants if they have fun patches.  Hmmm....I wonder how long that will last?  Maybe by the time she hates patches she will stop crawling around on the floor all day?

Apparently, everyone likes to sneak into the picture when I whip out the camera.
 The jeans on the left, probably look familiar.  I've patched and lengthened them before.  She finally wore through the other knee.  The fabric I used on each patch came from the same scrap piece of fabric.  It was sort of this tie dye fabric that had orange, green and purple on it. Why didn't I pick the purple part of the fabric for the patch?  Well I had orange thread, but had used up all the purple.  Blockette thought the orange was awesome, so it worked out great in the end.

The corduroys on the right have patches with silver glittery fabric paint.  This makes the patches extra stiff. Hopefully that means they will be extra sturdy.

The cords in the middle wound up being my favorites.  I've had this Zodiac fabric for ages and haven't had a clue what to do with it.  Blockette is a Virgo so I used that one for her patch. 


I think these might be Blockette's favorites too.  Blockette got a book on constellations for Christmas.  Already she can find Orion all by herself in the night sky!  So we got to talking about the Zodiac constellations and how her birthday fell into the Virgo time frame, and I was under Leo the Lion. 

Then she asked me, "But what is a Virgo?"  Not thinking anything of it, I replied, "Virgo is the virgin."  I mean we talk about how Mary was a virgin, so I wasn't expecting the follow up question of, "But what's a virgin?"  Oh man.  Talk about quick thinking.  I settled on the explanation of a "young lady who has never tried to make babies."  She was satisfied with that.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!